I know that Oprah was big on these grateful lists, but lately I’ve been feeling that I have been in a negative frame of mind, and one of the ways to get out of that is to write down a few things each day to be grateful for. Here’s my list.
- I have a fantastic dog who matches my personality perfectly
- I have a job that lets me work from home most days out of the week
- fuzzy faux sheepskin slippers
- I have legs that let me walk and work out and enjoy the weather
- I am able to buy a new (ish) car without worry
- My dad is doing my taxes for me, and I don’t have to worry about 2 states and 2 jobs of income
* * *
My lenten practice has been sliding lately. I have been reading (mostly) before watching TV or using the internet, but the NCAA games have made that really hard. And yes, I know that’s the point, but I’ve been giving myself lots of breaks on this. Makes me wonder what my priorities list is.